Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Do Barcelon-ians Ever Sleep?

I have been out in New York City and Miami. I have been out in London and Paris. I have even been out in Cambodia. Absolutely nothing compares to the night life in Barcelona. As I have mentioned before, the locals take a long siesta everyday that may give them extra energy to stay out into the wee hours of the morning.  But this is ludicrous! Barcelon-ians do not even leave there house until midnight (maybe later) to venture to a nightclub or festival.  Almost every club stays open until 5 a.m. To be quite honest, I have personally stayed until 5 a.m. a few times and it is never dying down.  Bodyguards and friends have to make these party ragers leave their happening experience. For some reason, these people know how to have a good time and still make it to work in the morning.  But ah! The savior siesta.  It gives you enough energy to make it to finish work when you return and to go out again the next night.
It is undeniable that people residing in Barcelona have something extra.  I was lucky enough to experience it firsthand.  I swear I am not just saying this; I had the extra energy to go out almost every single night and still go to class and sight see during the day.  Nowadays, I barely have enough energy to go out during the weekend.  After some contemplation, I believe that I went out all the time because I was too intrigued and infatuated with the people and culture of Barcelona.  Everything is just too interesting, spontaneous, and memorable to turn down.   Even the tapas bars (a bar that has many little appetizers and drinks) is something not to miss.  I have had the best of times sharing assorted meats and cheeses, sangria, and local Barcelona company.


The Strip of Nightclubs along the beach 
Tapas! Mhmmm



The Local Tapas Bar- Champaneria 
The Crazy, Yet Fun Razzmatazz

No comments:

Post a Comment